The River Oak Sangha welcomes everyone with an interest in mindfulness practice, including first-time visitors and guests. A sangha is a community that supports people in the practice of meditation, ethical living and the development of wisdom. We aspire to apply mindfulness to everyday life while balancing practice and study. Such a path can decrease suffering, increase happiness, and ultimately lead to the natural development of compassion and wisdom.
There is no dogma to believe in. Instead, practicing mindfulness with a sangha is an opportunity to explore our own life experiences using the tools of meditation and reflection in the context of a supportive community of fellow practitioners.
Our sangha includes non-Buddhists and Buddhists. All who wish to experience the benefits of meditation and mindfulness are welcome to practice with us. It is not necessary to be a Buddhist to benefit from mindfulness practices.
The River Oak Sangha calendar consists of regular activities and periodic events as outlined below:
- Meditation and Dharma Discussion (Weekly on Wednesday evenings)
- Mindful Reading Meetings (Twice a month, 2nd and 4th Monday evenings)
- Beginner's Mind Meetings (Once a month, 1st Wednesday evenings)
- Deepening Practice Meetings (Periodically on weekend mornings)
- For more information about activities other than the weekly meditation meeting, go to the Activities page.
- Half-day or full days of mindfulness
- Weekend-long retreats
- Seasonal ceremonies or celebrations
- Mindful Hikes
Check back periodically for information about upcoming events on the Events page.